Consider The Future
- Be sure there will be good, permanent homes for the litter - cute puppies and kittens are often abandoned when fully grown.
- Be prepared to handle the increased costs of prenatal and post natal care for the mother - remember, she could die from complications of pregnancy.
- Be ready to meet the expense of vaccinations, shelter, food, training, grooming and any unexpected emergencies that can pop up.
- Be able to devote time, attention, love, and exercise.
- Be aware that by having your pet bring more babies into this world, you may be denying homes to those already born.