Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
Other responsibilities of the LEPC:
- Receive and process requests for information from the public.
- Notify the public of all LEPC meetings or activities.
- Perform a hazard analysis using the information and reports from facilities operating within the jurisdiction of the LEPC, and analysis of the County's transportation risks.
- Establish and maintain records of hazardous chemical locations and quantities in the County.
- Establish and maintain a computerized system of data management.
- Maintain information on facilities that manufacture or store extremely hazardous substances, and include this information within the emergency response and preparedness plan.
- Promote community safety, emergency preparedness, safe emergency response, and safe handling of hazardous materials used, stored, manufactured, and consumed in the County.